Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
Smile The M135i

Well the lease on my 1'er is coming up to term so I just have to go car shopping again a chore I know but you just have to do it right!

So I drove the M135i auto back to back with a 135i DCT and they really do feel a generation apart. I have to agree with the press reviews it is real drivers BMW.

Well guess I should start with the bad news I am still not sold on the looks, however it is the best looking 1 Hatchback, not saying much I know and looks better in the flesh that in pics.

Now I haven't driven the 1M Coupe but apart from that in my opinion the M135i has the rest of the 1 and 3 series cars covered.

The engine and 8 speed auto work together seamlessly and it sounds great. Go into Sport+ and the auto holds your selected gear even if you bounce off the limiter and was the equal of the DCT.

The ride is supple and the car feels more planted with great traction and yet still has agile responsive feel. Driving the 135i straight after had a much busier ride and a flickering traction control light while not feeling as planted.

Driving the two back to back the M135i felt the better car all round and when you are in the driver seat you can't see the outside

Trouble for me is I want a vert and as great as the M135i to drive it is not really an option. But I will say that it looks very good for the M235i coupe and verts to come. Just a shame for me though that they are just too far away.