12-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #92
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVANT123 View Post
Can Helix build a custom intercooler using factory couplers? I like the Helix intercooler, but would rather use the factory couplers like the HPF & Wagner units use.
Unfortunately we do not make them with the factory couplers but for a very good reason. I do not want to start any sort of argument over this but there is a large air flow restriction when using the stock couplers. Please remember that with our set up you can always revert back to a stock intercooler by simply re-using the clamps that we give you to put the stock 90 degree and straight piping pack on. The removal of the larger silicone piping (Helix) and re-installation of the stock piping (BMW) should only take about 5-10 minutes. I dont know why that process is so disliked as it doesnt take very much time at all. The benefits of replacing those stock couplers, even if you dont fully understand or agree with the restriction, greatly outweighs the time you spend taking them off. Would you spend an extra 5-10 minutes working on your car if you thought it would give you a better end result? I know I would. Nothing is irreversible with our set up.

Last edited by Alex@Helix; 12-15-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0