View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat79 View Post
The big difference between these two is the polish itself.

Menzerna uses DAT- (diminishing abrasive technology) where the abrasives themselves in the polish wear down from full size all the way down to disappearing as you work it.

As a result, when you polish, the actual cutting ability of the compound changes based on how long you've been working it with your DAP.

Meguiar's is SMAT- (super microabrasive tech) where the abrasives are already worn down. This gives you the same cutting power from start to finish.

I suggest the Meguiar's to anyone who's asking to get into polishing. It's predictable and rewarding.

Once you get past the beginner stage, you'll probably try a ton of different compounds and polishers. It's not that Menzerna is a bad polish- it great- it's just not what I would suggest for someone who's venturing into paint correction and wants results with the smallest chance of damaging the vehicle's finish.
I was asking with regards him switching from Meguiars to Sonax, and not Menzerna.

I have PG, SIP, 106FF and PO85RD and absolutely love them, but I always turn to M105/205 for most details, it finishes down much nicer and doesn't leave a dust storm behind.

Although I usually use PO85RD for jeweling everytime.

You can see in my OP I only recommended M105/205
Appreciate 0