1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
congrats!

nice photos

2-3weeks to go for me now - funny how you guys got to drive the 1M on "my" local roads before i can

i have never been much of a partriot but sometimes i am glad i live here
Thank you ..... your roads are fantastic. We were very surprised at the consistency and good state of repair of the alpine roads. Since you know where to "let her loose" I am sure you will have great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
O.M.G. - I must make ED a priority the next time I get a new BMW.

I can tell you that I have been especially thirsting for ED since the Welt was built and you won't regret the decision to do a ED. I only wish I had tagged on a few extra days ....

Bloody fantastic! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillrM3 View Post
Nice. Reminds me on my recent trip.
Great, like you, now when others post their experiences I can go ... "YES" ... ahhhhh the memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
Great pix .It must be tuff to get out of that sweet ride and have to wait for it to arrive in Pa. Thanks for sharing.
In an upcoming post I have a picture of the drop off and yes, it was hard to "walk away". It looks like she will be on a ship (Elektra) this week and it says arriving somewhere around the 11th of September - sounds way to quick but I'm OK if that happens. I will be happy if it gets here to drive the fall season ... turning leaves with VO should be photo opps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Amazing pics, thx for sharing.

Happy Too ... Thanks!

Anymore cool scenery en route?
Yes, I have Italy, Switzerland, Germany (ring) yet to post. Still trying to understand if I can just update this post with new material or how to add new post in this thread .... new for me, please be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlwhites View Post
Great pictures. I'm in the United lounge in Chicago waiting for my flight to Munich and these pictures are getting me pumped! I'm excited and will be on the gross pass on monday!
Congratulations ..... make sure you stop for lunch/beer at Zell am See along the way ... neat little town with great views. Look forward to your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Love the write up! Looks like you had an experience of a lifetime. Most people will never truly appreciate Germany (or Europe in general) until it is experienced first hand!
I agree - my son is truly still searching for the right adjectives to describe the experience. I can honestly say that one of the other great parts of the trip was the conversations and hospitality of the people in each country .... cars are a universal language and the 1M starts plenty of conversations. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
WOW! Love the video, especially driving out of Welt. It's such a shame that us guys in the UK can't get an ED delivery as I'd love to go and collect my car from there.

LOL ..... it was fun taking the victory lap ... love the way the car ecchoed in there.

Thanks for sharing your special collection experience with us
Your Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
although the really cool roads as seen on the photos are in austria
Yes, more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Congrats on your new VO!! Great pics

Thank you - I was really unsure of the color since I had not seen it in person but as the say "now I'm in love" ... lot's of personality!

Jealous, by comparison, Aussie deliveries are definitely underwhelming!
I hope you can make the trip next time you get a new toy ... it is worth it!

Regards to all!
Appreciate 0