View Single Post
      06-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #46
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
Sorry 1M/M3 brakes will not fit the 1 series or the 3 series other than the M cars
they will not fit up, been there done that
why is that? different hubs? different brake line lengths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey flinchy,

I have put together a Nashin kit for you, that is both 18" and 17" wheel friendly.

The front rotor is 345 x 28 mm and the caliper is a N3 (4 pot).

The rear rotor is 330 x 24 and the caliper is a N1-R (2 pot).

All the rotors are 1-piece fixed and the calipers are N-Series Monoblock.

Both front and rear calipers are supplied with "Street" series pads preinstalled.

The brake kit includes all the necessary high strength mounting brackets and fasteners for both front and rear rotors, as well as teflon lined brake lines, that are sleeved with a double layer of stainless steel.

I can supply the entire kit as above for $2,145 inclusive of GST.

I can't accurately comment on the suggestion that an aftermarket brake kit would defeat the dynamic stability control systems of the vehicle, as I am not across that but I will do some reading on the matter.

However when Clinton says, "I wouldn't trust my family in the hands of an unknown manufacturer, especially from china" he is way off the mark.

Nashin is made in Taiwan not China, if you talk to people in the know they will tell you that Taiwan is the new Japan of aftermarket performance parts, with regards build quality and workmanship.

The Nashin brake components are extremely well engineered and Nashin themselves have been around for quite some time now, their high-end premium BBK's are every bit as good as the likes of Brembo.

Peter has been using Nashin braking systems on purpose built, high horsepower Skyline GTR race cars for many years with excellent results. They have proven to outlast and outperform many big name brands around the race track, whilst being far more cost effective.

FYI,

the BMW OE 135i caliper made by Brembo is not all it's cracked up to be, no pun intended.

Whilst given your application it's unlikely to happen, the piston seals have been known to leak and the pistons themselves have been shown to crack and disintegrate under extreme track conditions, when running aftermarket pads.

Anyway here are a few pics of the components of the kit I have quoted up for you, just so you know the rotor shown is the rear unit, Irene did not have a pic handy of the front 345 mm unit.

Cheers,

JD.
cheers! so that's working out a little better than the BMWP kit, with nice shiney colours... and braided brake lines to boot! i've never read anything on the bmwp calipers breaking, just the rotors cracking sooner than they should, but i'll take your word for it still

how about weight over OEM/BMWP, fairly similar?

compatible pads/rotors, only nashin ones, for future replacement, i mean?

out of curiosity, how much would a 6/4 pot setup be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post

There is a service we offer for our Japanese modded car owners, we have an engineer that will do a report and safety certificate for the mods but it does cost. you would be looking at around $1,500 for a fully modded car. this would offer peace of mind but at a price.
as a rough guide, from friends that have had engineering done, they say expect $50-$100 per mod depending on what it is, as a rough guide... pretty steep, but worth it here in QLD at least usually.
Appreciate 0