05-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #76
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Are you injecting meth pre turbo (into the air box)?

EDIT: I looked at the previous page and see you are... are you pioneering this, or has someone done this before..... if any water droplets get to the turbo without being vapourised (likely given you are injecting into cold air), you are going to damage your comp wheel. Imagine a droplet of water hitting the compressore that is spinning at 100,000RPM. Water can get very hard at speed.
Hey adrian, Yes Pre-turbo injection but definitely not pioneering. Lots of guys in the US are running pre-turbo meth on their N54's. I know all about damaging the comp wheel and appreciate your expertise so I reduced pressure directly from my pump. The CM5 flows approx 300mls a minute so I guess it's flowing around 200 a minute divided by two intake tubes. I'm only at WOT for the most part of 10 seconds so I flow about 16mls into each intake. Also as you know the intake tubing is quite long so I'm sure all the liquid is vapourised prior to getting to the compressor wheel (well I F$#%ING hope so otherwise we'll be needing some new turbo's soon).
Appreciate 0