View Single Post
      12-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #107
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey Guys,

So obviously, as many of you know, we've had our share of problems with the mandrel bender of our exhaust systems. We've been trying to work this out for weeks and weeks, and to no avail. We honestly tried so hard to make this work and thought it was going to be painless for everyone, but after weeks of nothing, this explanation is WAY overdue.

We get our pipes bent by a factory (in the US) that uses computer-controlled machines to bend pipes. Since we do design our own products, but aren't exactly "exhaust" manufactures per se, we obviously outsourced this pipe-bending and welding. We spoke about minimum requirements and had everything worked out, when suddenly, our suppliers decided to completely screw us.

They hiked our minimum order quantity WAY over what we had previously stated, after we had already dropped thousands and thousands in R&D, changes, prototypes, etc. When this happened, we knew there was a problem. We had ZERO issues investing into plenty of units to have in stock, but the truth of the matter is, the 135i exhaust market is not large enough for us to spend tens of thousands stocking this sort of piece.

With that said, everyone who had ordered already received their money back, so that's not even what's in question here. What is in question is the fact that we made the best sounding exhaust system for the 135i, and we have no units out there for people to love, and use, and hear, etc.

With the success of iCarbon's Aero pieces for the 135i, we feel that it is extremely unfair to our customers to run these little GB's and take payment way before you guys receive your products.

So, we decided that we WILL take this exhaust into production in the very near future, but as a piece to have in inventory and ready to ship before we offer it to the general public. Once these systems are in our hands, boxed, and ready to be at your doorsteps in 2-3 days, THEN we will let you guys order them.

It's tough on us, but much better for our customers, and in the end, that's who really matters anyway.

We hope you understand, and our sincere apologies go out to everyone who was involved. iCarbon T-Shirts on us to anyone who had to go through this painful learning experience, just send us your shipping address.

Stay tuned for big things to come from iCarbon. Thanks!
Appreciate 0