06-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #45
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
I don't know, it's all very confusing to me as well..

From what I understood, the Adaptive has the high beam H7 bulb, and the Bi-Xenon doesn't have the high beam H7 bulb.. But then you say it's the opposite? I guess i'll find out tomorrow when my Bi-Xenons arrive. Will let you know.

You've done the halogen --> Xenon swap haven't you?

Any tips you can add?
They're both bi-xenon lights. The difference being that one version incorporates a halogen high beam as well (non-adaptive) and one version incorporates a "cornering" light instead of the halogen high beam (adaptive). Looking at realoem.com, they unfortunately don't make a distinction between the two types of lights and only show the adaptive lights, which use a H3 bulb for the cornering light AFAIK. Both versions use a H8 bulb for the corona rings, again AFAIK. I'm guessing that the non-adaptive lights use either a H7 bulb for the high beam, or possible a H1 (which seems to commonly be used in small projector assemblies.

No, I haven't done the conversion, but I have done a ton of research about the conversion because I will likely tackle this sometime in the future. I have never actually seen the non-adaptive lights in-person, so most of what I'm saying has been learned through research rather than first-person experiences.
Appreciate 0