08-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
I just got the sw update, reluctantly. But I have noticed 2 things. 1. The car is much smoother in shifting now, 6MT N54. 2. The car seems to accept WOT more, and I hear a deep rumble in the exhaust as low as 2k rpm where it used to be between 2.5k rpm and 3k rpm depending on the gear. (I have the performance exhaust, so your mileage may vary.)

Cons so far: drinks gas much more happily, even when coasting/hypermiling, at WOT the turbo seems to not use as much pressure as before, car is smoother but slower.

This is my first turbo car, but I have not felt "turbolag yet" aber in den USA haben wir nicht frohlichen Polizei. So I have yet to test the car in ideal circumstances.

I will say this, for me the new SW works and fills the motto "Freude am Fahren" but only in the case of smoother driving. This N54 has been tamed, for better and for worse.

My CA advised me against declining the SW update saying that I might not lose my remaining warranty but should the same part fail again, BMW might not cover the repair.

So I have a question to all you post SW update N54 owners with a nonapproved flash( not Dinan or BMW's) :if any of you have gone for any warrantied repair, has BMW put new measures for tune detection?

Thanks,
NurEinser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I bet you have a N54 right?

I say that bc after my SW update I noticed that the engine feels less torquey -so you tend to use the gas pedal more. For me to get the same performance wuth just a 1/4 throttle before.. I needed almost 1/2 throttle. The new SW update sucks.
Appreciate 0