08-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Unhappy Losing sleep over Deal

Hi guys,

I had a very interesting thing happen to me yesterday. Basically, I had ordered my car at a dealership (let's say dealership A), but ended up going with dealership B because their price came out to be lower. I emailed dealership A to cancel my order (I had not placed my deposit yet).

After the excruciating wait, it was just about time for dealership B to be getting my car (it should be coming in this weekend or so). Out of the blue, dealership A emails me saying that they forgot to change my vehicle configuration and that the car came in. The sales manager was apparently pissed, and they were willing to sell it to me for lower than invoice.

I couldn't ignore that price, it was too good to be true. It all sounded very fishy to me - who forgets to change that kind of stuff? I called dealership B to let them know what was going on. I felt that they had the right to know what was up. However, they were not willing to meet the price that dealership A was offering (it was definitely way below what B gave me).

I drove over there yesterday, checked out everything and yep it was there, exactly how I wanted it. They were not kidding about the price either. I wrote out the check (paid it in cash) and drove home yesterday with the car. I just couldn't wait any longer and seeing it right there in front of me pushed me over the edge and I just HAD to get it.

However, now I feel really bad for dealership B! I'm losing sleep over it, and I don't know if I did the right thing. I've never done anything like this before (first time new car purchase, first time order with deposit, the whole shebang). I know I can cancel my order with dealership B and get my deposit back (I actually think they never charged me for it), but they will now have a car with my configuration just sitting on their lot. What do people think? This was supposed to be a great day and I just feel so stressed out about the whole thing.

Also - this means that dealership B has a 6MT JB 135i coming in this weekend with the configuration listed in my sig for the taking, so I guess this will help someone else out there? :iono:
Appreciate 0