View Single Post
      01-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #33
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
So having lots of money excuses you from being an idiot?

Personally, if I was going to spend 75K on a car, it damned well wouldnt be a 1 series, doesnt matter which model. I could hardly justify the 50K MSRP on my car

1. Its not idiotic. When you were younger you didnt splurge on certain things because you couldnt justify the cost right? As you got older you buy those things regularly without a second thought. Think $2 burger versus $12 burger, or matinee movie versus evening movie, parking far and walking versus paying for parking or valet in the structure... get it? Did you turn into an idiot or did your expendable income increase? Someone somewhere is saying I would never pay $12 for a hamburger.

2. Some of these guys paying 70-80k have other vehicles. They are buying this because this is what they want. They dont need the money for something else its just sitting in an account and most likely they can still buy the other cars they want in addition to the 1M.

If you had 20 million in an account 10-20k here or there is meaningless you wouldnt miss it. The interest you earn on that account exceeds 10-20k in one month. Its not about stupidity its about convenience and having what you want.
Appreciate 0