View Single Post
      01-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #44
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2000, 718 Spyder, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
And youre failing to understand the principle of percentages. Ive never argued that 75K is too much to spend on a car. But when that cost is more than 50% of what the car originally went for new, used, then you have to reevaluate something.

Ill give you an example of an irrelevant topic to the conversation. Ready for it? I drive a convertible, and you look down on me for that. What does that have to do with percentages?
Listen what a car is worth depends on supply and demand not original MSRP; etc. screw percentages. Like i said go look at a NSX right now. You'll pay over 50% of it's original msrp for a good condition low mile. Same for the e30 m3, same for the Supra, same for the 02-03 mustang cobra, same for the s2000 CR.

You sound young (shit well i am too but im a geezer at heart), im not trying to be offensive like tkbrown (even if it was kinda funny ). Im assuming you don't make tremendous amounts of money. Im 22. I make a substantial income. I would have paid cash for my 1M if i didn't have investments that beat the 1.54% interest rates nowadays. I was going to buy one for markup for the convenience but i had some time off from my business so i made some calls and got lucky. If it was a normal busy season for me like this Nov.-Dec. if i had wasted 1 day on trying to find a 1M i would lost sales worth $10k. Some people are that busy. Time = $$$.
My father is a serial entrepreneur. When i told him i made 200 calls to find my 1M he called me an idiot. He said spend your time making money. Spend your money to save you time. For him he's right. He'd rather pay more and not have to deal with other issues. Shit i regret not buying my 1M from my local dealer at $5k markup. The bullshit ive had to deal with the dealer i bought it from cost me more than time and grievance than the $5k i saved. Once you start making $$$$$ you'll see your more willing to pay more regardless of value.
Appreciate 0