View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #43
peasouped
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80, B9 SQ5, B8.5 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Did you hear that from Bren or anyone else? I can't help but wonder if its TRUE, or justification from them on a protune over a JB4 or whatever plug in etc.

I know a LOT of people around here praise Bren, but they have made some questionable tuning calls on evo x's and that was my last car. Seems to be hit or miss, but either way I already ordered the JB4.

I really don't know if there are issues with meth on the JB4, but I'll look into it. JB4 is definitely what I want to run, so hopefully it is issue free. If not I'll be avoiding meth. A lot of the meth kits have very intelligent failsafe systems too, but I'm pretty far away from adding meth.
I've heard these things from Bren and a couple BMW master techs. One at BMW Peabody and one from Wagner. I also know multiple people that have switched from the JB4 to Cobb as they were running into issues like their cars going into limp mode and getting knock up high (on cars not on meth). I prefer a Cobb AP but I can't speak of personal experience to the JB4. These are simply stories and things I have heard lol.

I can't think of any EVO X's that Bren has tuned. I only know of 2 evo 9's he tuned and they were complete beasts that ran flawlessly. I want to say he use to have a guy from Kaizen Tune the evo x's for him (but im not sure).

Also hopefully if you ordered BMS dci you get them...CARB just put a Cease and desist on all BMS products. BMS's main office is in CA