09-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Ok time for another update. My detailer went to town on the car this last saturday gone. He spent 8 hours on the car and did a fantastic job.
If any Brisbane Beemer owners are looking for a dedicated detailer (and chatty honest car enthusiast) I can highly recommend Gavin Herrenberg from Auto Carma. This is the second car Gavin has detailed for me over the last few years and both have come out looking excellent.
http://www.autocarma.com.au/

Gavin clayed and machine polished my car to correct general wear and swirl marks. He also applied Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish, Duragloss 921 Fast Clean and Shine, a Dodo coating to my glass and cleaned up my wheels. The car has a real shine to it now that was lacking previously. I suspect I will pay the price for choosing a dark coloured car (my last car was a pewter silver) but when it's clean like this it definately looks the part!

Apologies for the photo quality. It was getting dark and I was rushing but it should give you an idea.

Gavin is a real character and it shows in his latest work vehicle.

You can see here that I debadged the car the other day. I purposely did this just before my detail so Gavin could machine polish out the adhesive outline fully. I think it turned out perfectly and is very stealth now. 125i with 250kw...

These photos should give you an idea of how the paint is now i.e. much better. The front bar has quite a few stone chips and imperfections but from the front wheels back the rest of the panels are in very good condition.

I hope to clean my terracotta seats with some Leather Master cleaner and protection cream soon. They've been dirty since I bought the car but I hope to return them to their former glory (especially now that the bolster has been repaired).

Next round of updates coming soon. First of which may be some new angel eyes as my driver's side LUX V3 bulb seems to have died...
Appreciate 0