06-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha101 View Post
Wow 3 oil changes in 10K kms ! i think that one every 10 000 kms is enough no ?

In the "old days" gee I am sounding old!(I'm only in my early 40's!) ...car people would change the oil after 30 minutes of an engine rebuild. Then maybe at 500 miles a few times, then every few thousand miles there after. I think even with todays micro tolerences... some metal is bound to end up inside of a new motor. This is really why you want to change the oil. Maybe it makes no real difference. But I ask you this... why does BMW have this double standard when it comes to regular BMW models and //M models?

Why does BMW say that a //M model must have its oil and filter and diff oil and manual trans oil - all changed at 1,200 miles... when say a 135i can go (up too) 18K miles before just the engine oil gets changed? Makes no sense to me. I don't buy into BMW long OCI (oil change intervals). Btw... and BMW says on these //M models to change all teh fluids every third oil change too! So... what do you think about Lifetime fluids now? I am not buying into their hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha101 View Post
Hey you seem to know a lot on BMWs ! I was wondering what kind of tires do you use ? What do you think of going with non runflats ? I don't really enjoy the potenza re050 with their short tread wear !

tks !

As for tires... I decided to ditch the runflats in favor of Michelin PS3's. I am VERY HAPPY with them! You can read more of what I think of my PS3's here...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...chelin+PS3%27s

Dackel
Appreciate 0