View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #11
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
It's not possible to update to the new (current) iDrive system with simply a software change, it's a complete hardware change too.

We have the new system in the X5 and it's very very good, but I have the flip-up system in my 135 and it show's it's age a bit.

I did get an updated 2012 DVD, which didn't change much just has the latest mapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_dexter View Post
So i have an 08 1er one of the 1st to ship into the uk with the flip up idrive and single knob with 1 button controls

have the older 1 drive software with the Compass style home page, having driven a countesy car 3 series with this new software i fell in love with it particularly the album artwork form my ipod and the split screen sat naV that lets you see you music tracks on the same screen

So i have been asking my service center about updating it, but all they seem to offer is an slight update to my current software, which changes none of the functionality

Is this really not possible to do? has anyone one done it or know of a dealership that would offer this service?

Thanks
Appreciate 0