10-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
Just talked to the dealer again. No luck.

First the EPA warranty is 8 years/80k for just the major emissions components such as the catalytic converter and ECU. Everything else, including the injectors is only covered for 2 years/24k miles. So no luck on that.

He says the recall you listed above was performed a year ago. The injectors were scanned and 2 were found to be bad and replaced. The other 4 were found to be ok and were not. Now they are busted.

So I'm stuck. I told him that I wasn't happy and asked for a goodwill warranty extension and said I would complain to BMW of America. He said he'd see what he could do and would call me back.

Call BMW NA and ask them how long the emissions warranty is for your 2008 mode year car. Before you call... look under your hood to see what the EPA compliance decal says. regular, SULEV or ULEV specs. Then if BMW NA still does not help you out... I would write BMW NA a nice letter. Send it registered mail and tell them how disappointed you are with your dealer and BMW NA. When you send it registered mail - it gets BMW's attention!

You can always buy new injectors from a vendor here on the forum. I am pretty sure they are not that expensive. And you could even install them yourself. Its not that hard. The hardest part is getting them coded. That should only run one or two hour's labor charge at any BMW dealer.

On Tischer's website it shows each injector is only $107 each!

bmw #13537585261 (now maybe there is a newer part number for the injector? ) Send Jason@Tischer an email. Or contact Dan@United.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...=1&searchtext=

Good Luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0