View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
noslo6
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Question New owner intro and questions

Greetings all! First post so please be kind...

Just got a 45k mile Silver/Oyster/Anthracite ‘12 135i convertible for the wife. Previous owner is a friend of a friend who spent quite a bit on repairs over the last few years. The good news is the repairs are some of the more common probs so there *should* be less for me to do in the future. They include: valve cover and gasket due to crack in PVC pipe, Valvetronic motor and shaft, and injectors.

It’s low option car with only DCT, alarm, and cold weather package.

The plan is for it to be our Florida car, used for 6-7 months a year while we’re down there at our condo. It’ll sit for a few months at a time with a car cover under a carport. The bad news is I can’t work on cars there due to rules plus all my tools are up here in Indiana. So, my thought is to proactively take care of as much as I can before we take it down in September.

Here’s the list of what I’m planning to do:

Water pump / thermostat / coolant flush
New battery (current is from ‘16) + bimmerlink/bimmercode/dongle
Flush brake fluid
Flush power steering fluid
Change oil
Change DCT fluid
Change rear end fluid
Change OFHG
Change serpentine belt
Change cabin and air filters

I’ve got no problem doing these myself, my question is am I missing anything else? Based on FCP auto prices, apps, dongle, and a local battery I’m looking at around 1400-1500 for everything, which seems like a bargain for the peace of mind along with covering me for (hopefully) several years.

Thanks much all, and thanks for the add!

Tom
Appreciate 0