08-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #24
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2178 View Post
I've had a couple issues with my 08 128i, taillight went out, amp malfuctioned causing my radio to cut out, seatbelt tensioner recall. Other then that I've had a pretty good run for three years and 40,000 miles. Mechanically it seems like it will be good easily to 100,000 miles and I still love driving it - just get the 6 speed, sport package, ditch the run flats and put the E93 M3 front swaybar on it - it's a blast to drive.
I hear you, taillights and headlamps arent uncommon and neither are those radio issues!!

I dont wait for the freebie 24k service (15k miles) I do an interim 12 -12,5k kms service I pay for at the dealer to keep a log on BMW's file - just incase of future issues (this tact based on a 997 warranty failure I heard of!).

Im not sure what is too much more efficient out there than my Mini, its CO2/NOX outout is increadibly low, and it really does sip fuel (often 700 - 950kms per 50ish litre tank), id love a 335d but hate Auto and the Urea issues are a huge turn off (on all new diesels it would seem - MB Bluetec some of the worst!).

If I had the ability to somehow protect that motor in the Mini I would just keep the bloody thing - its just such a niggle when everyone who works on them says get it gone before it goes wrong!!
Appreciate 0