View Single Post
      08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #45
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
Lag on the N55 DCT is a mixture between the computer saving the clutches for longevity and fuel/throttle cutting to keep the car under control during an initial take off.

If you have ever turned the DTC completely off and then switched to manual/sport mode, jammed on the gas... you would know what I'm talking about. All you do is spin the tires like this.

If you have JB4, do some logs on your laptop. You will see where the throttle/fuel is cut when the pedal is actually being depressed all the way with the traction control on.
I believe everyone know what traction control kicking in feels like. IT IS NOT A MIXTURE BETWEEN THE TWO things you mentioned. Nobody here is mentioning a full throttle application.

FWIW my brother has a 2009 M3 DCT and his transmission does not behave like this. It is MUCH more predictible. Same transmission, different software. He can set his transmission settings to five or six different modes. BMW should be able to do something about this. Another car with the exact same transmission does not have the issue. They need to iron it out because they have received a lot of complaints.
Appreciate 0