View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #69
Venoml2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Got the car back, not happy so far. Will elaborate after I go back to the dealer tomorrow morning.
I do have a question for anyone that may have taken their car outside of warranty though.
Sa asks me when dropping it off if "I would like to have them do a diagnostic by hooking it up to the computer, it would cost me since I'm out of warranty"
I said no, dont do anything that will cost me, just perform the recall.
Today, he calls me to go get it and I mention the software update. He tells me that it is not a recall, and just something they use to fix a problem. At the same time he tells me that I have engine light on, and a few other issues, among them a bad battery.
I tell him I was aware of the light and know the code, and some of the other stuff.
Anyways, when I pick up the car, it has 5 codes showing, some new scratches, and crack on the windshield.
It was after 8 when they gave me the car, and the guy couldn't text while driving now. Before I took it in, I only had one code not 5.
My question is, has anyone had shady stuff like this happen to them at the dealer? I really regret taking the car in for the recall, I just figured it was important. I've always worked on my own cars, and intend to do so with this one if I keep it. I'm a bit disheartened now with bmw, the dealer has left a real sour taste for me so far.
Appreciate 0