01-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #140
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracino89 View Post
Final settings will be discussed tomorrow with the shop.

The depos do not come with the auto leveling feature, but you can manually adjust them from the backing.
The Depos don't come with the auto-leveling equipment, but they are setup for a leveling system, just minus the electronic parts (i.e., the leveling motors). You can get the motors (part # 63116938563) for about $65 each and, according to a German 1er forum, they are a direct fit to the Depo headlights. Of course, you will also need the proper (halogen lights, fog lights, rain sensor, NO xenon lights) European headlight switch (manual leveling control, part # 61316932792) and wire it up to the footwell module. I'd rather have auto-leveling, but that requires many other expensive parts and the manual leveling is more than sufficient for my purposes at this time. The only thing I haven't sorted out yet is whether or not any kind of coding work is required for adding the manual leveling control.

If you take a look at realoem.com you can see the rheostat wheel for the manual leveling on the European headlight switch.
Appreciate 0