08-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
1moreyear35i
Cameron
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolader View Post
What is your average commute time (time & miles)

if your typical commute is so short the engine is constantly "cold" then that would explain everything.

I can't remember if these cars have a thermostat I know they can control the temp using the electric water pump, but, if it does have a thermostat, you could run cold all the time (even if your commute is long enough to warm up). Does your heat blow really hot (as in much hotter than outside) air after 10-15 minutes?

Highly doubt it, but a new set of spark plugs might help a little bit. Boosted cars are hard on plugs, and 45k miles is more than I'd want for a set.

If you live in a state that has emissions testing, take itt to a place that will "test" it. EG don't do an official test -- you just want to see the numbers. If you are running rich, then it would show up as very high hydrocarbon (HC) ratings.

Hope this helps!
It does blow really hot air for a good while after driving, spirited or not. I run 93 octane and drive maybe 50 miles per day max but definitely never keep it cold .. they replaced an o2 sensor almost a week ago, is that possibly a factor?
Appreciate 0