View Single Post
      03-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #67
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

Andre: Impressive! Really, really impressive! I wish I had your car control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Question!

How is that you are able to record your laps using 2 GoPro installed on your car???

I thought video/camera recording of your laps were forbidden??

I would like to do the same than you next month,
can you tell me how that is possible??

I have a GoPro ready to go...

Thanks for your post!!! Awesome!!
Afaik Andre has an AIM Solo in his car. I would assume he was using that for timing.

Timing and/or taking videos is forbidden during tourist traffic. Andre was driving during a trackday where the track is closed to public traffic. There and during the races you can time and record whatever you want.

There is an exception to the "no video" rule. You can rent GoPros from the Nuerburgring and if you are using a rental cam, it is permissible to take videos in tourist traffic. Is it adviseable? No. Especially not for someone that is new to the track. Cut the bs and concentrate on what you are doing. Sounds harsh? Believe me, it's not funny, when you have someone in front of you that is more worried about his camera than the oncoming traffic from behind. In addition, if you are not used to driving with a camera, chances are, that it will make you go too fast. This track has very few places where there is room for error!

Check out this page before you go:

http://20832.com/?rubrik=nordschleife&lang=eng