View Single Post
      08-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
bobbynoway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
If someone can find a bank that actually offers a service, I'd REALLY like to hear about it.

I'd be more than happy to pay them a "Service fee" for it.

Thus far, all I see are businesses charging me to get access to my own money. Which is the same money they make a margin on when they lend it out to other people. -- Heads I win, tales you lose!

As for credit cards -- it'd be illegal if it was done by any business other than a bank.

I'd love to be in a business where I could just increase prices to cover my own business mistakes, and say to my customers - "if you don't like it, then go somewhere else". Comfortable in the knowlegde that all my competitors are doing exactly the same. So there's no point moving.

I just love the way we (as tax payers) are underwriting the banks credit position (internationally), through the Govt guarantee, so they can access cheaper funds. Which they then lend to us tax payers. And they have the gaul to increase interest rates out of line with the RBA baseline.

And those dip$h1ts in canberra let then get away with it - what a massive con job.

Sorry - rant over.
+1 My sentiments excactly.
All the major banks are the same, money grabbing bastards with there best interest is to their shareholders.
It just annoys me when Choice or the ACCC talks about if you are not happy with your bank then do your banking with another bank, problem is they are all the same! Believe you me if there was another good alternative I would have left along time ago.
What we need is another decent Major bank that will actually move away from the current bussiness model and actually offer service without the unjust "service fees" on everything. Most of the population will flock to them.
But no, this idea of offering service is just to left field for them.
Appreciate 0