09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #150
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce View Post
Adrian,

Any news on N55 development? I will be getting my car in late Oct and wondering if there is anything for my new ride. Cheers!

Ken
Hi Ken,

N55 release is imminent. We jumped the major hurtles with this engine almost 3 months ago, and have been testing and tuning since. A few weeks ago we posted some dyno runs of our test car which did almost 340hp ATW with just Procede and otherwise stock. This is well above any competing tune. Last week we added meth and a cat back exhaust and went to the drags. We also added drag tyres, but the DCT gearbox did not seem to like us doing a burnout to warm up the tyres, so we ended up with a worse launch than we hoped (and probably worse than some descent road tyres), but we will solve those issue in future and go again. Still, we achieved a 12.3@117.5MPH with a 2s 60 foot, which is by far and away the best result achieved for a N55 yet. We know that with some grip and tune tweaking, we should see a high 11 at 118MPH with very limitted mods. Add a decat pipe and FMIC, and we should get to mid 11s at around 120-122MPH. THis is up there with N54 results.

So we are in beta phase at the moment, and expect to start selling the by FAR best performing N55 tune in about a month... hopefully earlier.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0