View Single Post
      03-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

The answer depends on your expectations and how much time you can put in to a detail. I've seen brand new vehicles with tons of swirls in the paint that justify polishing on day 1. Certainly newer vehicle can look great without a polish but it can also help any vehicle. Similar to TOGWT I'd suggest the following steps but a light polish instead of a paint cleaner. I'll provide you a recommendation for each step as well.

Wash/Dry - DI Packages Washing and Drying Starter Package

Clay Bar - DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube

Polish - For one step by hand the Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205 can help remove many ultra fine swirls, oxidation, etc. Also using a light polish like this the clear coat will be a bit smoother at the microscopic level. This in turn helps the sealant or wax applied next bond to the paint better.

Sealant - Sealants will last much longer than a wax so for most daily drivers that are not protected every couple of weeks I think a sealant works great. The Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant looks awesome on white paint and it protects for about 4 - 6 months.

If you have any questions about the polish or any other part of this recommendation please let me know.

Greg
Appreciate 0