View Single Post
      03-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #15
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMoe53 View Post
I did wash, and got another coat of WD on today. The 1er had been stored in a friend's garage from December 1 until March 1. I did notice that it needs its (minor) yearly polishing, but I'll wait for some warmer temps in April to do that.

It still looks pretty good, though. You have to search for the minor issues on the finish.

After I polish, I'll take some pics, and post.

I used more MF towels to remove the WD today than in the past. You are right. A constantly clean towel works best.

If you run into issues with removing WD, or anything else on the finish that dries out too fast (could be an issue with you in Jax), try spraying a little Meguiar's #34 "Final Inspection" on it, then use the MF towel. It takes care of the problem, and doesn't leave any oils or stuff behind.

I can find #34 here in the boonies of Pennsylvania at the local NAPA store, so you should be able to find some.

Mike (Michel)
Mike,

That's an awesome tip. I hear good things about Meguiar's #34 so I will have to get me a bottle. Also, I forgot to mention, I keep a bottle of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray for the same purpose that you use #34, however, I'm always open to new ways/options. Thank you for the recommendation.

I know what you mean about having to look for small flaws. My car being of a dark blue, shows some very minor microscratches at very specific angles while in the sun, but one must really look for them. Sadly, I think if a car is daily-driven, it will never be "perfect", but we can always dream and get it as close as possible

Keep us posted once you polish and detail...let's see some images!
Appreciate 0