02-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
KEI7
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Is your suspension really low? I don't mind stretched tires but I prefer them stretched pretty equally front and rear. I don't think most 225/35/19s on an 8.5 et 38 would rub unless you are really lowered an inch or more and not running much camber.

My specs are in my signature. I'm pretty low in the front (fenders slightly lower than the top of my tires), running right at 2deg camber each side. For my next fronts I plan to try Michelin PSS 225/35/19. I actually do assume I will rub a little.

I don't have any experience with the exact model tires you mentioned but this is my second car with aggressive wheels and I have had issues with Dunlop Sports and Hankook 105s? running bigger than other tires that I typically used.

Good luck either way, rubbing tires are a pain, but then again so are stretched tires and curbs, etc.

I would not say I am extremely lowered, but I think more lowered than what I see as average in this forum. My fender is lower than tire surface at the moment ( I'm on winter set up with OEMs)

I think I'm going with 215 for safety, I like the stretch look anyway, so. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat79 View Post
I would not suggest the Hankooks, as the sidewalls are not very stiff at all and are built with a bit of a "bulge".

While this is fine for most people, I don't believe it would work out well for you for a stretched setup.

I would suggest Nitto Invos or Toyo Proxies, myself.
Yes I got good impression through my search that Toyos are good for stretch, but they are a little pricier...

One of the other options that I thought of was Yokohama S drive, but 215/35/19 sizes Yokohama is having too much stock and they are trying to sell out their 06 year right now, and neither Tirerack or Discount Tire does not have newer year ones.. WTF I wouldnt want to be running 6-7 yr old tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
I posted in your other thread, but I'll repost my response here.

Personally, I prefer the Hankooks. They stretch pretty nicely actually, and should easily fit on that wheel width. The only downside is that the sidewalls are very soft on this tire, but the DZ101s are pretty similar in that regard. I was happy with my Hankooks when I had them.
Thanks!! gonna go with Hankooks!!
Appreciate 0