05-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #92
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
The old 135i vs 1M debate, pops up everywhere. I'd take a 135i over a 1M any day. Then the same goes for 128i owners saying they'd take their 128i over the 135i.

I've seen 2 1Ms here in WA and I was happy to see them out there and being driven but I wasn't wowed.

N/A means anything that rely's on the engine itself for power with no external power additive like a turbo, s/c or nitrous. Forced Induction (FI) means anything that rely's on an external power to boost the engines capability, so a turbo, supercharger or spray (nitrous).
Technically superchargers use engine power to make more power and turbos recover wasted energy (so in a technical sense they both use engine power)

Forced induction is anything that increases the mixture pressure in the cylinders. EGR has this property somewhat too.

While I'm being a bit cheeky here I will say that spray is not FI. Spray changes the fuel type and the pressure created by combustion, but it doesnt change the pressure of the mixture. Rather, it changes the chemical composition of the mixture. -that answer is serious.
Appreciate 0