05-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #101
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_ View Post
You are lacking some basic knowledge of what makes up a 1M if you think that's all it is and that it can all just be slapped together.
Again I know for a fact, that it takes a whole lot more then $10k to try and match the handling characteristics of a 1M.

You can do all this and have it installed for less then $15k? I highly doubt it. Sure maybe if you get everything used and do it yourself, even then I will find it hard to believe.

-Bigger axle for a wider stance
-Upgraded Braking system
-LSD
-Front and rear control arms
-Full suspension upgrade (coil and struts)
-Bushings
-MDM tuning
-Steering rack...

Not to mention the 19" wheels, tires, cooling system, engine tune, lightened flywheel etc...

Look I had a 135i, the reason I got the 1M is because loved my 1er so much. As others have said I'm not saying its not possible to make a 135/28 handle better then a 1M but it would take ALOT of money and time to do so.

It's not about each part its about the whole being greater then the sum. And that is why the 1M will be and is a collectors, not to mention its limited production. And exactly as other have said, due to the 1M the e82 in general will be a collector just as the E30 is now because of the E30 M3.
Very true indeed.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0