Thread: "M1" R.I.P?
View Single Post
      04-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #111
oztiks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Gran coupe

As long as it's a true M product, does not really matter what they call it. Would have just been nice for the newer generation of BMW owners to have the M1 badge because of the ladder. Some consider this "badge whoring" maybe, we do live in a material world ( I feel like Madonna ) lol.. and many people still judge you by what shoes you wear, what you drive etc... If you are a young man, working hard and going to school and coming from a geo metro...and now own a BMW there is self confidence..proudness to have achieved ownership of this symbolistic vehicule...so the badge whore theory does not hold... This badge was always seen and known as the next step to success.. by regular working folk...and is something to be proud of. Like I said, we do live in a world where unfortunately people do judge by the cover of a book...why else would women shave their armpits?? And yes, men now tend to there shrubs...looks is sometimes important And finally , for the badge whore theorists....If man evolved from apes, why the hell are there still apes on this planet???
Appreciate 0