View Single Post
      07-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #64
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing DC View Post
I followed the link to your homepage and reading thru the text found the following

...This new version is perfect (you have a typo on perfect by the way) for those who want to run a 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 tires up front on a 100% unmodified 1 series. Previously camber plates were needed to run a 235/40 front, but this new offset provides the needed front fender clearance to make it fit without issue...

How recently was the design changed? I had looked at these wheels some time ago but was not ready to put on camber plates with my BMW performance parts suspension. Any guidance on fitment with this set up? I would like to have the front tire (I run RE11) as wide as possible without camber/rubbing/mass hysteria etc. Can I still do 235 or 245

Thanks...
Thanks for catching the typo. I'll have that changed.

235/40/18 is the MAX you can run on a car without camber plates. The new ET45 version was released in Q1 of this year. There are numerous threads about that fitment on the forum mentioning the ET45 fit, so you can read up on it a bit.

You will not be able to run anything wider without issues. I would still recommend you max out the camber within the factory limits (after pulling the pins). Camber is extremely functional for grip, and will make the fitment even easier. You shouldn't have an issue with RE-11's if you do that.
Appreciate 0