Thread: 1M Values
View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #29
dkat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW Z8, 2011 1M, 2020 Por

I would like to weigh in on this. I recently purchased a no stories, sub 10K 1M with Nav.& Con. pkge. in the low 60's. I believe I paid on the lower end of fair market value for the car. The car was purchased as a sunny day weekend driver. Now, 6 years after production has ended, I believe that the 1M is now in the transition from everyday driver to a car of interest for enthusiast/collectors.
The 1M is a low production, highly regarded car and I think values will continue to rise. $100,000 is not out of the question for low mileage car within the next 5-7 years unless there is a complete economic meltdown. The 1M is unlike almost every other BMW built in the last 20 years save for the Z8 due in part to the bespoke body and low production numbers worldwide. Low production will = high value sooner or later. I am fortunate to have found this car and plan on keeping it for quite a while. There are not many late model cars you can purchase and not expect depreciation and quite possibly realize appreciation. Did I buy it as an investment? The right half of my brain says yes. The left half says drive it like you stole it.
Appreciate 1
JP-1M171.00