10-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #18
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by craina
From what I understand it is highly unlikely that you warped the rotor. Pad deposits or wheels that have become out of balance could be the issue. Assuming the wheels do not fix the issue then I would suggest replacing the rotors yourself or at least taking it to an independent shop to do the work. A new set of rotors is ~$600 and swapping rotors can be accomplished with basic hand tools and an hour or two of your time.
Pad deposits more common. I concur. If you read the manual. It tells you these are high performance brakes and they should periodically used with heavy braking or something like that. My car was parked for winter and had the same issue. Dealer replaced rotors under warranty. They are old enough that it probably couldn't hurt. You have nothing to lose by having them machines just enough to clean the face and not take material much material off.

Another option is to find a set of OEM replacements made by the same people as original but don't say BMW. They are out there and probably $400 total. Of course dealer won't do that.
Appreciate 0