View Single Post
      04-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
E82MSport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' Crimson 135i

Rattle/Noise After Ground Control Street Camber Plate Install

I'm looking to others in the forum that have experienced these issues with Ground Control Street camber plates. I know there have been a few threads started that discuss these issues so I wanted to get feedback from fellow members that have experienced the same noises/rattles.

I'll first note that I have Ohlins Road and Track dampers with Swift springs in front (Z65-178-060 7" Length 65mm ID) with thrust washers top and bottom.

I purchased a set of the Ground Control Street camber plates (Vorshlag was back ordered as always..) with specific details for the Ohlins dampers and Swift springs. GC was very helpful and worked with me on my particular suspension setup. The quality looked quite good for the price and I was influenced by the claim they would be OEM silent.

Now to the issue at hand. The noise/rattling/popping occurs mostly over expansion joints, low speed bumps and slight suspension compression. I was quick to check all my installation procedures and torque specs but the problem still remained. At first I thought it might be end links so I replaced them but still no change. I then moved on to checking the control arm deflection/play but proved not an issue. I questioned whether the control arms were properly torqued so I compressed the suspension and re-torqued. Noise still there. I then tested the dampers to ensure I was getting full range of motion without binding or sticking. Noise still there.

I'm at the point now that I need to pull the struts (noise is mainly on the driver's side) and inspect everything. I will be doing this on Saturday. I'm completely aware camber plates (despite manufacturer) make noise to a degree and I'm completely ok with harshness and an increase in NVH but this is unacceptable. It sounds like a bad bushing or a worn OE top mount.

As others have reported, I do not notice this at speed but it leaves me a bit unsettled and dissatisfied. As I noted, there are others out there that have experienced these issues and would like to know if there's a solution.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers / Apex ARC 8's 245/255-35 MPSS / Wagner Downpipes / Wagner EVOII Intercooler / ER Charge Pipe / Forge DV / PowerFlex RSFB / PowerFlex Differential Bushings / MFactory 3.46 Torsion LSD / MHD Flasher
Appreciate 0