View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #77
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
What is the effect on the speedo with going to these sizes? Does it knock the accuracy out by much?

I can get stock size PSS here in the UK or the sizes you mention above, but I'm not sure which to choose....
Hello Chris, if you increase by one size front and back (+10mm), the total diameter of your front wheels (the ones used for the speedo) will increase from 654,1mm to 661,1mm. This is an increase of only 1%, that will reflect on your real speed for a given speedo reading, which is minimal. Knowing that speedo reading, on a stock car, shows more than the actual speed by about 5%, you'd still be safe for speed traps /speed guns /police radars a and so on !!

PS: this being said, I'd personally choose for stock size, as PSS's are already much more grippy than PS2's.
This will also eliminate any rubbing risk at the front: just had "R" on the phone, and he said his 255/35/19 DO RUB slightly in front, with stock wheels. He'll go back to stock size in front: 245/35/19, but considers 285/30/19 aft ...

Last edited by LotusBoy; 10-26-2012 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: updated PS
Appreciate 0