View Single Post
      04-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Fireflyer239
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Jeep, Ducati & Harley

BMWP coils, Bilstein HD's, Pilot SS's

...have arrived, will be installed on 5/9, report to follow. I got the shorter bump stops also. Doing CDV delete at the same time.

Tires and springs were the easy choices, but deciding on which damper to go with was tougher. It was either the Billies, Koni Yellows or FSD's. Seems there are very few users of the Bilsteins on this forum, and I wonder if the misleading "HD" designation has something to do with this. Anyway, other BMW forums (3 and 5 series) turned up many favorable reviews, and my (very experienced) mechanic loves them. I did the Hotchkis front anti-sway bar 2 years ago and HIGHLY recommend this mod as the biggest bang for the buck - huge improvement. BMS P-Box has given me 25K miles of trouble-free enjoyment, a must-do for any N52 owner. I have been running Pilot Sport A/S's for the last 25K miles and they were great for their intended purpose until one track day really did them in (any further track days will be on dedicated wheels & tires!). I'll report on the SS's in the tire/wheel section.

Car has been leased but I love 'er so I'm keeping 'er. Mods still to come will be BMWP Aero front bumper, BMWP exhaust, SSK, then maybe the M3 rear subframe bushings and other recommended bits.

Big thanks to Dan at United for the springs, Jon at Turner for the Bilsteins, and Butch at Tire Rack for the donuts. They each provided helpful and friendly customer service. Cheers!

Last edited by Fireflyer239; 04-28-2012 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0