View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #56
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Is it a bad thread when members have passionate views? I don't think so. Since when is a sensitive topic off-limits? I am disappointed in the few that don't see the positive opportunity here to address what is an important situation.

This thread has brought to focus an important point about responsible ownership of a fast and powerful car, the 135i. By raising the issue, it doesn't in any way mean that I support any type of crazy life-threatening behavior. It also doesn't mean thst I will pretend that I have always been the perfect driver

There have been lots of posts in MANY different threads on this website showing incredible speed accomplishments, and videos of street drifting and donuts and racing. Lots of remarks about taking the 135i at, near, and over 100 mph. These threads are loaded with all kinds of stuff like that, cheering about the power of this car and how fast it is. So many of the test drives, although not all, have been on public roads... Not on the race track. Some of those test drives included some very fast driving.

No one here should be pointing a finger at anyone else. There have been thread discussions about radar detectors. Why do you think? It's about speeding, of course.

This thread raises a lot of important questions about what is acceptable driving practices on public roads. A few may not like it, but it has been very interesting to me so far. VERY interesting. And being honest with ourselves and each other about this topic has been a GOOD thing, not a bad thing, as a few may have suggested.