View Single Post
      05-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The only "fix" is to have the tech enable the WG adaptation, which means when they download the new SW... the WG's will be closed more of the time and your engine will have slightly more noise at idle(like the original SW did before this latest update).

Have the update done with the WG adpatation is more involved. Its akin to going into advance mode when doing a Windows update! lol

But truthfully... I feel that the only REAL solution is to get a tune. Either one from BMW (PPK1 or PPK2) or one from the aftermarket tuners. That is what made me get a flash tune from one of the German tuners over here. I knew eventually I would get a tune... but BMW's SW update just made me get one sooner than I had thought I would.

My car with it's flash tune has no lag - now! It did when I got BMW's update last year though.
Dackleone,

I remember that you posted some time ago about how to find out what DME version is currently loaded. Can you remind me about how to do this?

Also, what is the preferable software version from BMW that will make the most power.

I am running Cobb Stage 2 with bolts on's so I am not sure that this matters but I think that BMW updated my software the last time I took my car in for service, when I specifically ask them not to mess with it.
Appreciate 0