Thread: My 1er
View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

IMHO the screw/bolt system on each of the outer Akra tailpipes is mounted on the wrong side.

Checked mine to be sure: the screw/bolt system of both tailpipes at the driver's side is mounted symmetrically on the right hand side of each tailpipe + the screw/bolt system of both tailpipes at the passenger's side is mounted symmetrically on the left hand side of each tailpipe. Otherwise stated: mine are located symmetrically inwards, "looking" towards the middle of the car, not towards the outside. For cosmetic reasons you are not supposed to see this screw/bolt system when looking at the tailpipes from the side of the car (discreet).

Check also whether the inner tailpipe at the driver's side is still well-aligned. The first picture shown below gives the impression that this happens not to be the case (anymore). However, you got to check that up close (maybe this tailpipe moved a bit since installation ?).

Anyways, feel free to mount the tailpipes according to your personal taste. It's just a suggestion.

Name:  Akra_Tailpipes.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  58.0 KB
Name:  Akra_Tailpipes_2.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  36.8 KB

Last edited by Artemis; 02-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Added a second picture
Appreciate 0