View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
gdub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

weird stutter type thing is happening when cold

i may not be able to describe it well, but here goes.

i've noticed it moving forward right after start, like pulling out of a parking spot, putting it in drive and then slowly pulling forward and pressing the gas just a little bit - normal driving in a parking lot in a cold car. it does this kind of stutter, it's really hard to explain. so today i was in reverse and plugging in my phone, waiting to pull out of the parking spot and when i had my foot on the brake it did it, it was like a small kick that happened twice, i saw no rpm increase and it threw no codes. it's only when the car is 100% cold, if i drive home and then let it sit for 30 minutes or an hour, i can go back out and it doesn't do it, but when i head to work and when i leave work it does it. i felt it in the brake pedal today. usually i'll notice it happening when i'm driving forward in a parking lot, but it's not as noticeable. my mods are ETS 5" FMIC and cobb stage 1+ aggressive. it's a 6at, 2008 135i with about 33000 on it, warranty literally expired last week. any ideas?
Appreciate 0