View Single Post
      10-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #112
djminkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealistic View Post
This thread is about the 135i exclusively. If someone wants a 1 series and isn't so concerned about speed, why would they buy a 135i when they can have the 126i for thousands less, probably even have it fully loaded for less than the 135i base. Thats not a rhetorical question btw, I really want to hear you weigh in on that.

The 1 series is definitely meant to lure young people into a bimmer and hopefully get them hooked for life. Don't force it into only that corner though. Why won't it be judged on its speed? It already has been, every car is, and how in hell is that immature?

We like fast cars, so we are immature, I guess I'll go hang in my playpen with Michael Schumacher.
I was quoting another poster who said people will go to a Mitsu or Honda if the car is priced too high because they can get more bang for their buck in speed and acceleration. I like speed too, but I also like the braking, tightness, handling, and the total package a BMW provides, so for me their is no comparision to a Honda or a Mitsu, just because one is faster than the other. I think the younger people might disagree, but for me its not only about how fast a car is in a straight line.
Appreciate 0