12-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iDCT View Post
The dealer didn't change the transmission fluid(6AT) since i bought the car from 2009 my car about 50.000 miles,today the service adviser told me no need to change it's a lifetime , also he told me they only change the fluids for the M/// cars only, also the differential fluid.. I didn't except this stupid term from BMW.

I feel something wrong in the gearbox but i don't know what, my car tuned since 30.000 miles. (jb4 only use map2 no meth no race fuel) the torque not too high.

He told me if there's a clutch slip they will change the whole gearbox and bring a new one.

My questions are...

some people say u shouldn't empty all the old fluid from the GB or it will get damaged

how should i drive the car after the new fluid? some say don't do WOT for about 2000 miles

after how many miles should i change the diff fluid, should i empty it all or just add on the old one

what's the best types of fluids for trans and diff??

I know too much questions, but what should i do i want to learn from ur experiences...

thanx...
there are a lot of threads on this BMW doesn't change gearbox or diff oils according to them what they use is Lifetime, so the dealer has nothing to do with this its just BMW instructions.