03-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #157
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I finally got around to upgrading the JB4 to the ISO standard. While I had the car apart I decided to use some of my leftover head shielding wrap on the bottom of the airbox (which is now just a heat shield for the BMS intake anyway). I had used the gold foil on the TMIC of my WRX, but that's another story. My girlfriend really helped a lot, I can't imagine trying to cut and stick the wrap on the box without 2 extra hands. So I proceeded to extract the JB4 and cut the diode and re-install everything. I'm getting a little too good and opening up the DME box... After reattaching the battery and firing up the laptop I started to firmware update. About half way though I realized that the headlights and heater were running. Just to be safe I cut off the lights and turned off the heater blower. As soon as I touched the blower controls my laptop BLUE SCREENED! I restarted the laptop, restarted the firmware update, and after a looooooooonnnnngggg wait the software confirmed that the update was complete. I cautiously restarted the car, everything seemed to be in working order. After double checking the JB settings I decided to take a quick drive to be sure everything was good to go.

WOW, now I see what everyone was on about! The car is amazing now, it runs so good I just can't stand it. The turbo hesitation is completely gone, the cold idle is much improved, and the power delivery is butter smooth.

tl;dr - If you have an N55 and a JB4, do the ISO mod ASAP.
Attached Images