View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #46
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I'm very keen for this kind of upgrade, especially if it was a well engineered local solution that did not effect my brake ducts and existing radiator & IC flow. I'm not keen on the "modify the OE thermostat housing so it is always open" suggestion though JD as this would only increase the long time we already have to endure for our oil temps to rise to a reasonable level.
I'm ready to purchase now if the product is right. Maybe we could look at a group buy if we all decide on a similar solution?
Hey mate,

I have spoken to Pete about what would be required to fabricate a workable solution for our excessive oil temps.

We are pretty much on the same page and as I suspected an oil cooler kit comprising quality components ain't gonna' be cheap.

Unfortunately a quality core, thermostat, oil lines and fittings etc. are worth a few bucks and them some.

Pete has already priced up the key components and to be honest the money charged for the quality kits currently on the market, is not that outrageous.

However with some engineering knowhow and a few contacts in the industry I suspect Pete can fab up a kit that is top shelf, whilst retailing it at a price that will keep the Ebenezer Scrooges happy.

Last edited by JD75; 11-16-2011 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0