View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
suprtran
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
Is this normal?? M3 front/rear suspension arms installed, now problems.

Had the following E9X M3 suspension components installed on my 135i:
1. Front upper control arms
2. Front lower control arms (tension rods)
3. Rear guide rods
4. Megan Racing rear adjustable toe links (non-BMW part)

Everything was purchased new, either from Tischer BMW or from Megan Racing.

The car is definitely out of alignment. Driving straight, the top center of the steering wheel is pointed toward 1 o'clock and the bottom center of the steering wheels is pointed toward 7 o'clock. That said, the car pulling to the right. So OK, I will need an alignment as has been advised prior.

My concern: The car's steering is acting very strange now; not sure if this is normal with a car that is HEAVILY out of alignment. So, turning the steering wheel more than 90-degrees (more than a quarter turn) in either direction (right or left) causes the car to virtually "take-over" steering and continue to steer itself. Basically, instead of the steering wheel recoiling after the turn is made and straighten out, the steering wheel continues to pull forcefully in the direction of the turn. So to correct this, I now have to turn the steering wheel the opposite direction to regain control and re-straighten the travel direction of the car.

What more, the tires now squeal very easily on very wide slow turns. Odd...

Else, the yellow DSC triangle indicator symbol and the yellow "BRAKE" word indicator symbol with yellow brake "(!)" indicator symbol turned on 15 miles after driving. What would cause these lights to turn on after doing a suspension job?

I'm thinking severe caster and/or toe problems.

Can anyone comment on these issues I'm experiencing?
Those who have done these mods, please chime in.

THANKS.
Attached Images

Last edited by suprtran; 08-25-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0