View Single Post
      07-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
White1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 128i AW/Prem/PremAudio

Want sat radio, what should i do?

Hi all, im thinking about getting sat radio for my 1er, i got a 128i with the premium sound system, and im having trouble deciding which to go with XM, or Sirius. As well as trying to decide wether to go with the dealer installed unit, or a Best Buy reciever. So far ive searched the threads, and the only thing i was able to find, with regards to server was a couple of ppl talking about the horrible reception from Sirius.I live in Canada so im not sure if maybe Sirius actually has crappy reception, or just the opinion of a handfull of ppl.
Im leaning a bit towards the BB reciever due to the high cost of the dealer installed unit, i cant get a pretty decent reciever at Best Buy for $90, versus the $500 dealer option. Is the dealer unit better? and how?, or will the BB reciever do the same job, minus being able to use the head unit to pick a station, or volume control.( maybe aux. port or USB will help that)
Basically id appreciate some feedback...XM or Sirius?, and dealer installed unit or Best Buy off the shelf unit?
I thank you in advance for the input.