View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Looks like we are getting some new One owners that are trying to fit aggressive wheels and figure out what offsets and tires will work.

In the earlier days of this website, no one really thought offsets like you are mentioning on the CS7 would work at all. We now know it can be made to work. Some of the wheel gurus have even made much crazier stuff work. However, you really have to be careful with tire brands, lowered suspensions, etc.

I've had another car with aggressive wheels and now the wheels I have listed below. In both cases I had reasons to buy such aggressive fitments. In this case with those CS7, I'd buy the 8 and 9 inch wheels to start with. You can make the half inch wider ones work, but you'll never be able to run full width tires. I guess if you like stretched tires go ahead with the wider wheels.

For tires, even on the stock suspension, I'd buy 215/40/18 PSS fr and 245/35/18 r. For sure you can fit 225 and 255 with many tire brands and maybe even 235 and 265, but not with full running tires like the PSS. I'd guess that 225 and especially the rear 255 PSS would rub with passengers on those wheels with the stock suspension.

Blaze, it looks like you are gaining info looking at charts. I'd warn you that tire manufacturers don't measure equally. I don't know for sure about Nitto NT05s, but I have used Nitto N555s. They run very small. I'm pretty sure that I could run most Falken, Toyo, or Nitto 265s on the rear of my car as I'm setup without rubbing. I just bought 255 PSS's and they rub.

Look at the other post with Sarge on VMR's. He got it to work, but he mentions a half inch of fender work and the tires he's using do not run as full as PSS's.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0