05-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
OK I will reply this one seriously then: As I said, just remembered some tuned Integra Rs from 90s...
Ok, a couple of notes.

1. That color is completely BMW, not Honda/Acura...so I'm confused.
2. The Integra Type-R was a great car of the day...I'm still confused.
3. I had a Black 2001 Type-R (Number 401), which was limited production (like the 1M) and it was track modified; not sure how this is a bad thing...even more confused.
4. Integra Type-R's never came with this wing, and if someone put one on a Type-R people made fun of them mercilessly because there was no power at the back end; so why put a huge wing like this on a car like that (I mean, there are SOME valid reasons...but it's not nearly as necessarily as with a RWD car; it kind of loses some of the purpose).

I kind of get what you're saying; but you should be applying it to wanna-be's. I don't feel that Type-R owners are wanna-be's. We were porting, polishing and sending our engines out for blueprinting as well as ECU tuning our Type-R's for the Honda Challenge (to get every bit of the higher "stock" spec out fo the car), so I consider that pretty admirable.

You're referring to the wanna-be R owners; I get it...someone with an Integra [on the street], that slaps an "R" badge and a wing on a car. But this car is pretty BMW IMO. It looks great. Careful when referring to R owners though. R owners that I know, were VERY technical, and would put many wanna-be's to shame. Please don't generalize "R" owners or Japanese cars to be a negative thing. GT-R is a pretty badass car right? You get my point...

Wording is everything...
Appreciate 0